Thursday, February 28, 2019

detector has been summoned

Quite a few of developments have occurred in the last few days. I have ordered my detector which arrived promptly from Crawfords Metal Detecting shop (CMD). Excellent customer service and prices.

I am now the proud and slightly bemused owner of the C-Scope 3MXI-pro


There are a number of reasons I chose this machine. Firstly it is made in England, which is always nice and a refreshing change. It's well made but basic without any bells and whistles, and generally receives great reviews as a beginners machine. The price from Crawfords was £314 including headphones and batteries, as well as a camouflage baseball cap which I forebore to try on, but was eagerly adopted by my middle son. I will discuss camouflage clothing in a future post.

We have given it a test run in the garden, digging pits of varying depths and placing test metals therein. It seems to detect most metals to about 8 inches and some deeper. We did find a 20p piece which will defray the cost somewhat.

I have also gained 2 small permissions this week. One in South Gloucestershire, about 40 minutes from my house, and the other at the end of our road. The former is rumoured to be on the site of a skirmish in the 15c, the latter an area of pastureland belonging to a neighbour. We shall see what, if anything they yield.





No comments:

Post a Comment