Friday, February 22, 2019

working in mysterious ways

No reply as yet from my first request (but as I only sent it the day before yesterday, that is not surprising). However, on rolling up to work today very early, I bumped into the chap who delivers bread to our garden centre farm shop. He is a charming fellow and when he is not delivering bread and buns, he is a non-stipendary vicar. If this chap was our vicar, I would be attending every service. He is affable, cheery and down to earth, everything that our own vicar isn't sadly.

In the course of our conversation I brought up the fact I was going to buy a metal detector, perhaps hoping that as a long term resident (12th generation or near enough) of a rural community, he may know someone who has some land. Sure enough he was very enthusiastic and told me his church organist was keen to have a detectorist on her land as it was rumoured their had been a skirmish there in the Wars of the Roses. He will be seeing her on Sunday (inevitably) and with luck I should have my first permission. About 45 minutes drive away, but in very pleasant surroundings.

I had better buy myself that detector now.


No comments:

Post a Comment